Two charged in alleged assault of Pennsylvania theme park employee over COVID-19 mask rule

Police have identified the two New York residents they said assaulted a Sesame Place employee earlier this month, reports the Bucks County Courier Times, which is a part of the USA TODAY Network.

Middletown, Pennsylvania, police said in a news release Wednesday that charges were filed for Troy McCoy, 39, and Shakerra Bonds, 31, both of Bronx, in the alleged assault on an employee that happened about 5 p.M. Aug. 9.

The department has said the employee was assaulted after he reminded the two of the park’s mask-wearing policy.

McCoy faces charges of aggravated assault, which is a felony, as well as misdemeanor offenses of recklessly endangering another person, disorderly conduct, simple assault, and conspiracy to commit that offense.

Bonds faces charges of simple assault, conspiracy to commit that offense, disorderly conduct, and summary offenses of harassment.

Police have said the two fled the park before officers arrived.

During the assault another park employee tried to help the victim, but that employee was hit in the face by Bonds, according to the release.

The 17-year-old victim was taken to St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, where he stayed for one week, police said. He had surgery to address his fractured jaw and injuries to his teeth, according to authorities.

Explore more:  Bobblehead hall induction on hold after Rose postpones

Police viewed surveillance footage, transaction records and vehicle registration information to identify the two, authorities said. County detectives and the U.S. Marshals Service coordinated McCoy’s arrest, the release states.

McCoy was arrested at his home about 6 a.M. Wednesday, according to police, who said he attempted to barricade himself there, police said.

The U.S. Marshals Service breached the barricade and arrested McCoy, according to officials.

McCoy is awaiting extradition to Bucks County, police said. Arrangements are being made for Bonds to turn herself in on the charges.

A spokeswoman for Sesame Place released the following statement Wednesday morning:.

“We want to thank the law enforcement agencies involved for their quick actions and support. We have issued a lifetime ban to the individuals involved for all of our parks across the country. The safety of our team members and guests remains our top priority.”.

A GoFundMe account was created to help raise money for the victim’s medical expenses. It can be found here, https://www.Gofundme.Com/f/17yearold-sesame-place-survivor.

Some backstory:Pair allegedly punched Pennsylvania theme park worker over mask requirement, police say.

Did you see this coming? Disney World to cut theme park hours in September as visits drop amid COVID-19.

Related Posts

Terms & Conditions

Maybe you are interested Clark’s career-high 44 points lead No. 21 Iowa women to win ‘Chased down’ and killed: Trial over Arbery’s death reveals ‘painful’ similarity to…

Return & Refund Policy

Maybe you are interested boise state broncos football Sharing your kids’ photos online: Should you keep doing it? FIFA to pick 2023 Women’s World Cup host next…

Cookies Policy

Maybe you are interested Dress codes for teachers spark debate over ‘professional’ attire ucla football score Hoosiers run past Ball St. for perfect non-conference start Investors shouldn’t…

Disclaimer

Maybe you are interested mexico national football team vs jamaica national football team matches USA TODAY College football: No. 1 Alabama beats No. 4 LSU 29-0 USA…

Privacy Policy

Maybe you are interested The Latest: Pay for play big topic at ACC media day Duke, Wake Forest meet in regular season finale Kocjan wins Stage 2…

Social

Maybe you are interested Alcaraz’s 12-match winning streak ends with loss to qualifier at Italian Open USA TODAY white soccer jersey Olivia Wilde stars in two films…