Crown for ChristmasHallmark, 8 ET/PT.
- Illinois governor to Donald Trump: ‘Get off Twitter and Do Your Job’
- Blue Jackets’ Nathan Horton credited with goal without playing in game
- ‘Contrary to the cliché, it’s personal’: Lauren Holiday opens up about leaving Milwaukee
- ‘Morning Joe’ Scarborough is leaving the Republican Party
- Firefighters make progress against California’s largest wildfire near Yosemite National Park
Before you slam Hallmark for stretching the holiday out, keep in mind that for Orthodox Christians, Christmas won’t arrive until January 7. So suck it up.
New GirlFox, 8 ET/PT.
Fox prepares for its new Tuesday lineup with repeats of New Girl at 8 and 9 ET/PT, along with Grandfathered (8:30 ET/PT) and The Grinder (9:30 ET/PT), two shows that deserve a lift in their ratings’ fortunes. Let’s hope this shift provides it.
The Kennedy Center HonorsCBS, 9 ET/PT.
Cicely Tyson, Seiji Ozawa, Rita Moreno, Carole King and George Lucas take the Honors at one of TV’s classiest broadcasts, taped at the Kennedy Center earlier this month. New producers took over the show this year, and while they made no drastic breaks with the past, you will notice a new set, a slightly faster pace and a few efforts to bring the honorees into the action. The result is a pleasing if at times odd mix of tribute and performance, as the sometimes surprised and often moved honorees look on. The salute to Lucas could have used a star-powered boost, but it’s worth the two-hour price of admission just to see Aretha Franklin tear into (You Make Me Feel Like) ANatural Woman as a delighted King grooves along.