PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Mark Williams scored 11 points and added nine rebounds, Daniel Dingle finished with 11 more, and Temple beat American University 40-37 in Friday’s season opener.
- Chilean player dies during friendly game
- Backlund breaks tie in 3rd period, Flames beat Red Wings 3-2
- england national football team vs italy national football team stats
- ‘Protests shouldn’t end in people being blinded’: Cities, states begin to ban police use of rubber bullets
- Class-action lawsuit alleges deadly California wildfire was caused by Pacific Gas & Electric
The contest was a defensive battle throughout; with Temple taking a 23-11 lead at halftime. American trimmed the lead to two in the final minute and had an opportunity to tie it on the last play, but Pee Wee Gardener’s 3-point attempt missed.
Will Cummings added seven points, six rebounds, and a team-high six assists for the Owls, who shot just 22 percent from the field but got to the line 18 times. Temple outrebounded the Eagles by 14 on the offensive glass.
John Schoof scored 12 points to lead American, Kevin Panzer finished with six and team leading eight rebounds. The Eagles struggled from behind the arc, hitting only three of their 23 attempts.