Sting’s new album doesn’t sound like it’ll be anything like Synchronicity but it’s new material all the same.
- Hacker demands ransom for new season of ‘Orange Is the New Black’
- Former major leaguer Hermida signs with Nippon Ham
- Fulmer outing puts Vandy on brink of another national title
- Coronavirus updates: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo rips White House ‘surrender’; 45 states report rise in weekly cases; US deaths top 225K
- No. 2 Miami Hurricanes edge Virginia Cavaliers
On Sept. 24, the 16-time Grammy winner will release The Last Ship, inspired by his upcoming Broadway play of the same name. The play, about the decline of the shipbuilding industry in 1980s Newcastle, England, and the effect on the city’s residents and community, is set for a 2014 release.
For these new projects, the British singer drew from his childhood memories growing up near Swan Hunters Shipyard in Wallsend.