Brandon Woodruff said he has participated in a couple of drills during his employment as a laborer at Hawthorn Center, a youth psychiatric hospital in Northville Township that cares for some of the most vulnerable children in Michigan.
- USA WEEKEND Cookbook Giveaway Official Rules
- New research indicates the oldest fossils ever found on Earth might just be rocks
- Ortiz and Bradley HR, Red Sox top Toronto for 3rd win in row
- Rob Delaney’s ‘A Heart That Works,’ Louise Penny mystery: 5 new must-read books this week
- Oregon State is 18th double-digit seed in NCAA Elite Eight
Fire and tornado drills.
But the drill in which he said he was tapped to participate four days before Christmas was unlike any he had done before: an active shooter drill in which he was one of two employees cast in the role of shooter. A drill during which frightened workers called 911, heavily armed officers responded and Woodruff found himself handcuffed and detained.